Thursday, July 22, 2010

The One Where I Follow Up

Yesterday I discovered that I could (only) run 1 mile before needing a quick break, and then I pushed for another half mile.  Since I finished that post saying someone should check on me today and motivate me to do it again, I thought I should follow up.

It turns out that simply telling you (the three people that might read this, ha!) that I needed to go again today was motivation enough.  I set the alarm last night for 6:15, hit the snooze until 6:30, and was at the gym by 6:45.

Today I stretched it to 1.2 continuous miles, took a minute break, and then ran another .7 miles.  Total cardio workout went for 38 minutes and had 3 miles included, which means I walked another 1.1 miles.

(Aside, I have this friend who hate hate hates it when people post information like that on Facebook, and I sort of get why she does, but I sort of get why people do it, too- it's encouraging and motivational to have people know and hold you accountable on your journey to a healthier you.)

I feel pretty good about myself today. 
Now, who will motivate me tomorrow?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE running. Okay, let me qualify -- most of the time I love running but that is after I am about a mile into it. I am so proud of you (even if I just met you on my blog) and would love to be your encourager for tomorrow, or the next day, whenever you run again. Don't be afraid of walk breaks! Even my long races, like my half and full marathons- I still take walk breaks. You use different muscles to run than you do for walking, so it helps your running muscles recover so you can run father and longer. Way to go! You have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! And, can I join in your "healthier you" too? I need to keep myself accountable. I'm envious that I can't run though...but keep the blogs about it coming for sure! I'm hoping to have my ankle completely healed by the time we move back to the States. But here, I'm doing this thing called the 30 day shred. I was skeptical because its so short (20 minutes every day) but it's pretty darn hard! It's weights and aerobics but you never stop so its constant burn. I'm on day 7. I have done it every day except one day I was feeling pretty nauseas. Doing something every day has been a different challenge for me. It isnt' as long as I'm used to, but it's something. My next goal is to start eating healthier. Thanks for creating this blog. It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete