Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flattening a figure

I decided a before picture would be a good idea, a motivator, and hopefully a stark contrast to the future me. Beth took this picture on a hike we shared in Colorado a few weeks ago. I feel pretty disgusting-looking in it, to be honest. I don't know what happened. I haven't always looked or felt I looked like this.



This Skinny B quest, journey thing is really hard. I've been doing really well -okay, great compared to where I was- with working out. But then my brain thinks it can feed my body whatever it wants just because I ran a little bit.

I was adding to my food journal on FitDay.com yesterday. I had such a great "eating day". And then I remembered I had to add in those peanut butter M & M's I had eaten. The half cup I ate was an extra 537 calories! It's such a constant inner struggle to be balanced with food and exercise. I don't want to do anything crazy.

I just want a healthy body and healthy perspective on -I don't know- reality?

Well, I think I'm getting closer to that goal, one day at a time. We leave Alabama tomorrow. Next week at home I'll remeasure my inches and pounds. I hope I've made some progress in that dimension, too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right here with you, girl. I was thinking I did great while I was at LIFE, but then I realized I ate a ton of pretzels as I came in and out of my room during the day. It's those little things that get me!

    ReplyDelete